You might be roaming on the web searching about the DTE Assam website and organization. But there is hardly any website on the Internet that can provide you all the information in simple words in one place. Although there is an official government portal of the DTE Assam authority but it is a very vast website. And therefore many people can’t understand that website properly like what is their vision, mission and so on. So to make it simple for the people we decided to write some content for you related to this website. On our website, you will get all the information related to this very important directorate so that you will not need to go anywhere else. This organization time to time release notifications for various exams and recruitments in Assam. Therefore it is a very important portal for thousands of people.
In this article, we will try to provide you with the best details related to this portal. So make sure you read this article till the end. We have divided this article into different sections like recruitments, admit cards, and so on. This will make it easier for you to choose the section that you want to read. I am sure that this article is going to be very useful and informative for you. So without any further delays, let’s start.
DTE Assam General Information
DTE Assam (Directorate of Technical Education Assam) is a government authority that looks after many things related to technical education. As it is very clear from the name of it that it operates only in Assam. When you visit their official website and read about them there they have mentioned their operations. This portal is responsible for many things related to technical education in Assam. Whether it is a technical diploma or a degree the instructions are always given by DTE Assam only. This authority is responsible for the further development of technical education in the state.
Now when we are talking about technical education then it covers both engineering and polytechnic. They look after and examine new courses that can be introduced in the technical institutions. DTE Assam also plays an important role in recommending to open new technical institutions in the state. Presently there are a total of 27 colleges under the DTE Assam. This authority also appoints the faculty in the state’s technical institutions. Vacancy notifications are released on their web portal if they are looking to hire the faculty. Apart from this, there are many other functions and objectives of this authority and we are listing some of them below.
Functions of DTE Assam
- To maintain the quality of education in the institutions. DTE Assam time to time runs reviews and inspections in the state’s institutions. This can be considered as an audit of the institution to maintain the quality of studies there. I think this might help them to make necessary changes in the curriculum.
- DTE Assam also conducts the Diploma exams for the students under the State Council of Technical Education, Assam. They also award the diploma certificates to successful students under the above-mentioned state council.
- They also conduct the Joint Admission Test for MCA and B.E. Course (Lateral Entry) in Assam’s State Engineering colleges. It can also be understood as the JEE ( Joint Entrance Exam ) which is organized in India on National Level. But the Joint Admission Test looks like the more local entrance test in-state colleges of Assam.
- DTE Assam also provides the NEC and State & Institutional Merit Scholarship. Apart from these scholarships, this authority also selects the candidates for the minority Merit cum Means Scholarship.
So these are some major functionalities of this authority. As we can see from its functionalities that it is kind of a regulating body for technical education in the state of Assam. From deciding the course for the institution to appointing faculty everything is done under their supervision and directions. For reading more about their vision and mission in detail you can also visit their official website.
DTE Assam Recruitment
As we have talked earlier in this article that the DTE Assam looks after many things in Technical education in Assam. Recruitment of the faculty and staff is also one of those things that they look after. This authority time to time releases the recruitment notifications for the vacancy in different institutions. So that the people who are interested in those posts can apply and get the job. From the recruitment of the lecturer to the other staff like a peon, mali, chowkidar, workshop jugali, etc. are released by the DTE Assam only. Whenever they release the notification for any recruitment then it is the PDF form.
In that PDF the DTE Assam authority mentions all the details for candidates. All the important details like the eligibility criteria, last date for applying, etc are mentioned in it. It helps the people to apply for the vacancy within the given time period.
Applying For the Recruitment
There are different procedures and eligibility criteria for different vacancies. As we have discussed that they always release PDFs with the notification of the recruitment. So you can download the notification PDF and read all details from there. To download the PDF from the official website you just have to go to their recruitment page. Then click on the PDF icon there and it will automatically get downloaded on your device. Then read through that PDF carefully and you will get all the knowledge from there.
Most of the time the PDF is in the English language. It makes it easy for people to understand the details. If you find the document difficult to understand then you can simply go to any government-approved online portal in your locality and ask for details from there. Then just simply get your documents ready and apply for the recruitment.
DTE Assam Latest Recruitment Notifications
DTE Assam has released various notifications for the recruitments this year. So under this section, we are going to talk about recruitments. Most of the recruitments are at a standstill position because of the ongoing situation in the world. But still, these recruitments can be great carrier options for many people who are looking for jobs. There are different eligibility criteria for different recruitments. These DTE Assam recruitments include posts for lecturers, mali, assistants, etc. We will be discussing these recruitments one by one. We will also put a link to the official website so that you can download the PDF from there.
For Assistant Professor (Technical), Assistant Professor (Non-Technical) and Senior Instructor
Date of Application-From 10/02/2020 to 03/03/2020
So this was a notification for recruitments on these posts in the Dhemaji Engineering College. The DTE Assam published this recruitment in the starting months of this year. And they invited interested people to participate in recruitment. At the very starting of the document they clearly mentioned that these recruitments are for the permanent residents of Assam. These recruitments are for both technical and non-technical assistant professors. Total no. of vacancies are 33 that includes vacancies for 19 assistant professors post (technical), 8 assistant professors posts (non- technical), and 6 posts for the senior instructors.
In this document, they also stated that these recruitments are made to be functional from August 2020. People who were interested in these posts must go on the official website of DTE Assam apply there. Interested people were also requested to read all the terms and conditions before applying. This would help them to avoid problems while applying for the posts.
They are also offering a good payout for the people who get successful in this recruitment. Here is a screenshot below that shows all the vacancies and their payouts.
After releasing the above notification DTE Assam released another notification. In this notification, they made many things clear about the eligibility criteria. We are mentioning some of the most important criteria for eligibility:-
- The first most important criteria to apply for this recruitment was that you should be a citizen of India and a permanent citizen of Assam. To prove your permanent citizenship you should be having your voter ID. The voter ID of your parents can also be treated as your proof of citizenship. This document further says that if you have a Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued in Assam for education purposes then it can also be considered as your proof of residency.
- To apply for this recruitment you must be having knowledge of at least one official language of the state i.e. Assamese/Bodo/Bengali. Although there is an exception for the candidates belonging to the Dima Hasao Autonomous Council and Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council.
- In the next section of the notice, they talked about the age criteria. According to notice, the candidate’s age should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years as on 1.1.2020.
- This age limit is also relaxable for different category students. This relaxation is up to 5 years for the SC/STP/STH candidate i.e. up to 43 years. Up to 3 years for the OBC/MOBC candidate i.e. up to 41 years. This relaxation is of 10 years for the Person with Disability (PwD) candidate which is irrespective of category.
- This notice from the DTE Assam also gives information about the reservation in recruitment. There some no. of positions reserved for some categories. Below is a table that will give you a better idea about the reservation.
Educational Qualification Criteria
Now to apply for these vacancies there were certain educational qualifications also needed. DTE Assam has mentioned these educational qualifications for the candidates in the same notice. We are breaking down those qualifications into some points. Following were the educational qualifications that were needed:-
- First, we will talk about Assitant professors (Technical) vacancies. DTE Assam mentions four different branches here namely civil, mechanical, computer science, and electrical engineering branches. So in this notice, they say that the candidate must have done their B.E./B. Tech. and M.E./M. Tech. in their respective branch from institutions that are approved by AICTE with first class or equivalent in either B.E./B. Tech. or M.E./M. Tech.
- Now comes the educational qualification for Assitant professors (Non- Technical) vacancies. In non-technical vacancies, they are talking about Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, and Humanities/commerce branches. In this point, we will talk about Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and the English branch only. According to the notice by DTE Assam, the candidate must be having a good academic record with 55% marks or equivalent grade in a point scale at the master degree level in their respective branch. With the degree, they should also be having NET/SET/SLET cleared and/or PhD. degree awarded in accordance with the UGC regulations.
- Commerce/Humanities branch candidate also supposed to have a good academic record with 55% marks or equivalent grade in a point scale. And these marks are also supposed at the master degree level in the Commerce/Economics/Business Administration. They should be having NET/SET/SLET cleared and/or PhD. degree awarded in accordance with the UGC regulations.
- For the Senior Instructor vacancies, there are three branches civil, mechanical, and computer science engineering. For these vacancies, candidates should be having a diploma in their respective engineering branch. This diploma should be from the institution approved by AICTE with the first-class or minimum of 60% marks.
How to apply for these vacancies?
Step 1: The candidates should only apply for vacancies through online mode. The authorities will not accept any other mode of application.
Step 2: First, go through all the instructions very carefully. Then visit the official website of DTE Assam i.e. https://dte.assam.gov.in/ to fill the form.
Step 3: Candidate should upload the scanned copy of the proof of qualifying examination, PRC of Assam, and caste/category certificated ( wherever applicable).
Step 4: At the time of the interview, the candidates are supposed to have the original copies of the above-mentioned certificates. Along with these certificates the hard copies of the online application form/ registration slip, identity proofs are also required. Also, make sure to arrange the documents in the right order.
Step 5: The online forms can only be filled from 10/02/2020 to 03/03/2020. After that, no application will be accepted.
DTE Assam Scholarship
Now like most of the educational authorities the DTE Assam also offers scholarships to the students. There are two types of scholarships offered under the DTE Assam. The first type of scholarship is the NEC merit scholarship & book grant. This scholarship is for Engineering & Professional Courses from the approved list by NEC. There are different amounts of scholarship for different levels of studies like diploma, degree, postgraduate, and Ph.D. / M. Phil. There are stipends and book grants given in this scholarship. On the official website, they have also mentioned the amount of the scholarship.
The second type of scholarship is State Engineering & Technological Merit Scholarship. This scholarship is for the engineering student of diploma, degree, P.G., M.E. & M.Tech. This scholarship is also given on the basis of the level of studies. The procedure of both the scholarships start months before the money comes into the account of students. So the students have to be very prepared and alert to apply for the scholarship. On their official website, DTE Assam says that the process starts from the month of October every year. And by 31st March the sanctioned amount is withdrawn. Actually in the month of October first notification related to scholarship comes out.
DTE Assam Admit Card
Just like any other educational authority DTE Assam also releases admit cards for exams. The candidates who apply for the exams are supposed to have their admit cards. The admit cards are available on the official website of the DTE Assam to download. Before giving the exams it is very important for the candidates to download the admit card. Because without the admit card candidates are allowed to attend examinations.
This year the DTE Assam was supposed to release the Admit Card 2020 in the month of August. This admit card is for the posts under the Grade 4. The admit cards will be available to download on the official website on DTE Assam soon. After the DTE Assam releases the Admit Card the Grade 4 the DTE Assam Exams are supposed to held in the month of August only. Roll no. and allotted exam centers will be mentioned on the admit card to check it whenever it is available to download.
How To Download the DTE Assam Admit Card
Step 1: Go to the above link and check whether the admit is available to download or not.
Step 2: Most of the time you can check it in the notification section.
Step 3: Search for the link there to download the admit card. If you are downloading the admit card for grade 4 exams then there should be a link.
Step 4: Fill out login details and click on the login button. Then you are all set to download your admit card.
Details on the Admit Card
There are several details mentioned on the admit card. These details are very important for the candidates to attend the exam. They should make sure that all the details are correct. Actually most of the time while filling the form people make mistakes and therefore the information is printed wrong on the admit card. Following are the are details mentioned on admit card:-
- Name of the Candidate
- Latest Photograph
- Exam Date
- Roll Number on the Card
- Gender of the Candidate
- Father’s or Mother’s Name
- Time of Exam
- Candidate’s Signature
- Essential Instructions for the Exam
DTE Assam Result
After successfully conducting exams every year the DTE Asaam announces results. The results are released online every time on the official website of DTE Assam. First, visit the official website of DTE Assam. There you will find a notification related to result. Click on that link and it will probably direct you to a login page. You just have to fill your login details there then a page will open with your result on it. You can view and download your result from there.
So this all about the DTE Assam website or portal. We gathered this information from various sources available online. Some of this information is also gathered from the official website of DTE Assam i.e. https://dte.assam.gov.in/. So you can also visit this website for more accurate and up to date information related to this authority.
Disclaimer:- Dteassam.in (Daily Trend Express Assam) is not affiliated to the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam, or any other government website. All the information provided here is just for educational purposes. We are not the official website of DTE Assam. We also don’t claim any facts and figures stated here.