Animation in recent years, it has become one popular career option for students. The field is exciting, and it requires a lot of visualization, creativity, storytelling ability, and excellent technical knowledge for making an unrealistic imaginative world to be the realistic one. The experts who have completed their animation and multimedia courses, it is all because of them that we have some successfully running movies like Transformers, Avatar, etc. The skilled animators, they provide motion to the images by getting them to the rapid motion. It helps in creating in-motion illusion for the viewers.
Well, considering the above uniqueness, creativity, and fun this field brings in, one can pursue B.Sc. Animation and Multimedia. After the course, one can get the word like the,
- Game Developer
- Reviewers and Game Tester
- Pre and Post-production, etc.
Know that the entertainment industry, it is booming, and this is one huge opportunity for all. The production houses, creative firms, IT software companies, etc., are looking for animators. So, do not wait and check out the article to know more about the courses, colleges, etc.
Animation and Multimedia Courses- Top-Ranked Colleges
Some of the well-known colleges are,
- Birla Institute of Technology
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- P.A Inamdar College of Visual Effect, Design and Art
- West Ford Institute of Film Technology, etc.
Apart from the above, the private institutes which offer courses in Multimedia are- MAAC animation and Arena animation.
BSC in Animation and Multimedia
- This is a graduation level 3years course.
- The course is semester-wise.
- Anyone who passed 10+2 is eligible (any stream).
- The course fees is INR 1-5 lakh.
- Admission process is merit-based, and candidates are also required to clear the entrance exam.
Animation Courses in Multimedia- 2022 (Pattern)
In most of the courses in multimedia courses list, the admission is merit-based as per 10+2 marks. There are some institutes that conduct entrance exams, and the questions are asked from sections like,
- General Knowledge
- Drawing life situations
- Storytelling through the sketching
- Information Technology
- Non-verbal reasoning, etc.
Entrance Exams Syllabus
There doesn’t exist a specific syllabus for entrance. One can, though, check the respective institutes’ websites conducting entrance exams, just in case to ensure there isn’t anything specific from their end. The candidates, they are further required for practicing from aptitude books, general knowledge, and also the reasoning.
Animation Courses- Eligibility
- For candidates pursuing animation courses after 10th or the equivalent from the state board or CBSE, they are required to have a minimum score of 50% for being eligible for admission.
- Candidates pursuing animation courses after 12th or the equivalent from recognized universities or CBSE, they are required to have a minimum score of 45% for being eligible for admission.
- For candidates waiting for results of the final year, they can also apply.
Courses In Multimedia- Application Process
The candidates are required to fill in the application form (released in May and June) and then appear for the aptitude test for getting admission. Different steps are there for different colleges. For example,
- BIT college- it has 3 steps for getting admission, i.e., screening at exam’s 1st stage, screening for aptitude test, and qualified candidates interview.
- Arena/MAAC- Private institutions ask students to get registered, make the payment for a fee, and start with the classes.
Multimedia Courses List
Students willing to continue with animation and multimedia courses can either go for a degree or diploma in animation. Varied courses are offered to students to make a choice from. These courses, they cover the basic knowledge regarding,
- Varied software operation for movie-making
- Sketching, etc.
Students who wish to have a job in the field, after 10th can also continue with varied 6 months certificate courses like,
- Editing, Mixing and Post Production
- Flash and
- Visual Effects
Or one can even go for 1-year diploma courses like,
- Animation Engineering
- Digital Animation
- Fusion Animation
- Video Editing and VFX
- Graphic and Web Designing
- 3D Animation and Film making
- 2D Animation VFX and Post-Production
- 3D Animation and Visual Effects.
Or candidates also have the choice to pursue 3-years Degree courses including,
- B.Sc in Digital Art and Technology
- B.Sc in Multimedia Production and Technology
- B.Sc in 3D Animation and Visual Effects
- B.Sc in Multimedia Animation
- B.A in Digital Media 3D Animation
- B.A in Digital Filmmaking and Animation
Animation & Multimedia- Recruiting Companies
Anyone who completes the above-said courses has the opportunity to work with some of the well-known companies like,
- Walt Disney
- Media Agencies
- Cartoon Pictures
- Animation Production Houses, etc.
For the candidates who plan for pursuing higher education like PG Diploma in Animation Technology, M.A. in Animation, and M.Sc. in Multimedia and Animation, some of the well-known institutes for you are,
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- Mysore University
- Maeer MIT Institute of Design
Does there exist any age limit for the courses?
No. there is no age bar for the students to pursue animation and multimedia courses. One can start at any age.
Is there a requirement of any specializations for ones who wish to pursue any amidst multimedia courses list?
The students can get a specialization in Animation Graphic Artist, Planner, Designer, Editor, Game Developer, etc.