Elections are a very important part of the democratic system. In democratic countries, common people can choose their representatives by casting their useful votes in elections. India is the largest democracy in the whole world. Here every eligible citizen can cast his/her vote without any discrimination. In an election, candidates from various political parties compete with each and people can vote for any one of them according to their preference.
To tell the people about their development plans every political party releases their manifesto. These manifestos are very important as it gives information about what political parties will do for the public if they win the elections. As we all know that BJP is one of the prominent political parties in India. Therefore many people are interested in their manifesto. In this article, we are going to talk about the BJP Manifesto 2019 which was released for the Lok Sabha election. But before directly jumping to the manifesto details let’s discuss some of the general facts about BJP.
If we look at the primary membership then BJP is considered as the largest political party in India. BJP has the most no. of primary members out of all the political parties in the country. After the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, it also has most no. seats in Lok Sabha with 303 seats there. From the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, BJP’s popularity has grown immensely. In the 2019 general elections, BJP got 37% votes which is a very huge achievement for them as a political party. In the year 2020, they have their government at the central level and in various states as well.
All these figures clearly tell us the story of their achievements and people’s faith in them. Right from the formation of this party, it has its name in the list of few right-wing political parties in the country.
Top 5 BJP Manifesto 2019 Promises
Following are some of the top promises from the BJP manifesto 2019:-
1. BJP has an aim to double farmers’ income by the year 2022.
2. They will work to ensure that every family should have a pucca house. BJP government will ensure the LPG gas cylinder connection to every household in the rural area.
3. BJP will also work to ensure that every household should have a toilet.
4. They will work to improve India’s Ranking on the “Ease of Doing Business” index. BJP government will work to double the total exports from India.
5. They will work towards increasing the female workforce participation rate.
So these were some of the top promises in the BJP manifesto. If you like this article feel free to share it.