Attractive and lucrative career opportunity, to be the Air Hostess or Flight Steward is as such as per the Indian society. One doesn’t need to spend many years in training or be that highly qualified for being the air hostess or the flight steward. All you will need is a diploma from the reputed institute along with a good personality. It is the popularity of this course that students after their high school keep wondering how to become an air hostess after 12th.
Well, considering the increasing consciousness and the questions, this article has been prepared to provide complete details about how to apply for air hostess jobs after 12th, how to prepare for it, what are the eligibility criteria, benefits received through the job and alike. Give a read further to know more.
Air Hostess/Flight Steward- Eligibility Criteria
- Fluency in English is a must for communication.
- The candidate should be in between 19-27 years.
- The potential candidate must have completed their 10+2 degree or the diploma in Tourism Management or Hospitality.
- The minimum height of the candidate in order to apply and to get the job of air hostess, it should be at least 5 feet 2 inches. For the flight steward, the height requirement is 5 feet 10 inches.
- The candidate, their weight, it should be completely proportionate to their height.
- The candidate must be medically fit.
- Indian Passport eligibility is necessary for the candidate.
- The eyesight of the candidate must be completely perfect, and their vision should be 6/6.
- Good personality and complexion, clear to the fair, are also essential to becoming the air hostess.
Air Hostess/Flight Steward- Benefits
- Lots of benefits in varied countries and locations.
- Family’s travel allowance
- Free clothing and the accessories
- Satisfaction within jobs
- Medical benefits
- Working days are quite less
Flight Steward/Air Hostess courses after 12th- How to prepare?
If all of the eligibility criteria that have been specified above are met by the candidates, they can apply for either the job of air hostess or the fight steward after they have completed their 10+2 classes. In order to make an application for the job, the given candidate is required to prepare, and they also need to enrol themselves at Air hostess academy or any of the other institutes. The institute, however, must be able to provide the required training in varied areas, which are important from the perspective of the airlines. Some of such aspects which are important are communication skills, customer handling, voice modulation, self-grooming, make-up, appearances and postures, body language, in-flight services, airlines knowledge (both domestic and international), active listening and complaint handling.
Without having to know about the aspects specified, it will become very difficult for becoming the Air Hostess or the Flight Steward. So, for preparation, some of the well-known institutes for the training that are known for offering quality training under the guidance of experienced professionals are,
- FrankFinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
- Kingfisher Training Academy
- Universal Aviation Academy
- Air Hostess Academy or AHA
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics
- Jet Airways Training Academy and
- Bombay Flying Club College of Aviation
After the completion of the course at any of the respective institutes, the candidate can easily make an application for the air hostess/flight steward jobs in varied airlines. Apart from this, there are some of the institutes which are offering the placement to the candidates also at the reputed airlines. So, do take advantage of it to secure a reputed job at the best airlines.
How To Apply For Air Hostess Jobs After 12th (or Flight Steward)?
After the candidates have obtained their degree or diploma, or the certificate from any of the above-listed institutes, they can make an application for the available vacancies at the various airlines. If you get shortlisted, then the interview will be held. After the process of selection, the candidates will also be required to undergo the training that is conducted by the airlines. It is conducted for around 6 months, and after on-the-job training is completed, the candidates get placed at the actual jobs.
How To Apply For Air Hostess- Selection Procedure?
To become the air hostess or the flight steward, the selection process includes,
- Written test
- Screening test
- Group discussion
- Personal interview
If the candidate gives their best and does well at all of the stages of the selection procedure, they get recruited as the trainee. The maximum period of this training is 6 months.