There are a lot of courses available out there for one to pursue, irrespective of the field chosen. Even the medical field have started to pay better and provide a growth perspective for all. So, if you plan to go ahead in the field, do consider the nursing course after 10th. These courses, they are much better options for giving the career a head start in the medical field and of course, later on, you can go ahead and opt for the degree courses for getting better growth in the career. However, it is not easy for getting admission in, and one will be required for clearing the college or the state level entrance exam in order to secure a seat. Also, every college has a different admission procedure.
Considering all of the above-mentioned, this article will provide complete details about the nurse course after 10th, including the types of available courses after 10th and 12th, the eligibility criteria for the admission and also the admission process. So, go ahead and give it a read to know further.
Nursing Courses After 10th- List
Any candidate who passed class 10th with good marks and wishes to give a quick start to the career in the nursing field, they have the option for pursuing a diploma in nursing course after 10th. These courses have been designed for providing basic as well as a bit of the advanced knowledge to all the candidates in regards to their duties and works. The diploma/certificate courses are offered widely by private as well as government institutes. Some criteria are also required to be fulfilled mandatorily for applying to these courses for admission.
The courses list within the field of nursing, along with the course duration, has been mentioned below.
- Certificate in Home Based Healthcare- 6 to 12 months
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant- 6 to 12 months
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Nursing- 1.5 to 2 years
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant- 1.5 to 2 years
- Rural Healthcare Diploma- 1.5 years
The duration of the above-mentioned courses, it is completely dependent upon the institution one gets enrolled in. There are certain institutes that, after course completion, also provide internships and the others, they offer theoretical knowledge.
Moving ahead, this article will now provide the details about the eligibility criteria which is required to be fulfilled in order to get admission for nursing courses after 10th.
Nursing Course After 10th- Eligibility Criteria
Some of the important criteria to be fulfilled are mentioned below,
- Candidates who passed their class 10th with 40% and more.
- No subject for the preference herein, and neither one gets any kind of special requirement considering the educational qualification.
- No age limit exists for the candidates. Candidates of all age groups are eligible for making an application for the course. However, ensure to match the age with the Indian Education Standards criteria.
Some of the age and marks related criteria for the nursing courses after 10th can be asked by some of the reputed institutes. In regards to the admission processes and criteria, the details have been provided below.
Nurse Course After 10th- Admission
In every college, admission processes are different based upon the rules and regulations they have. However, in order to get the admissions at the reputed institutes, they will be required to clear the entrance exam conducted from the end of the institute. Admissions are also granted on the basis of marks obtained within entrance exams. Institutes conducting entrance exams for the purpose of admission might ask for questions related to varied subjects and the topics including,
- Life Science Background Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Current Affairs
These entrance exams, they are conducted usually for checking the aptitude and decision-making ability of candidates. Entrance exams also have some psychological questions. So, no matter which institute you choose, make sure to check all of the details provided through them.
Admission processes for all these colleges are different. Some colleges even offer direct admission or conduct oral exams for admission or conduct interviews, etc. Some even enrol the candidates on the basis of marks they have scored in the 10th class board examination.
Nursing Course After 10th Fees
Institute’s fees, it is also dependent upon varied factors. It can be between INR 2000 to INR 1 lakhs for the entire course. Sometimes, even more, than it is charged, and the private institute are the ones’ who charge more than the semi-government or the government institutes.
For every course, the fee structure is different, and it is dependent upon factors including,
- Course duration
- Course type
- Course of practical nature/or not, etc.
So, before you choose the institute for admission, ensure to keep a check over the fee structure of the course at the institute. The details of the few nursing courses after 10th fees together with the college details have been discussed below,
Ayurvedic Nursing and Pharmacy
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Nursing and Pharmacy at Tantia University, Srinagar will cost around INR 1,00,000.
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Nursing at the Institute of Ayurvedic Science, Lucknow will cost around INR 50,000.
- Diploma in Rural Healthcare at Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute, Delhi will cost around INR 50,000.
- Certificate in Rural Healthcare Training at IGNOU, Delhi will cost around INR 500.
- Certificate in Home Based Healthcare at IGNOU, Delhi will cost around INR 2000.
Nursing Care Assistant
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant at Impact Paramedical and Health Institute, Delhi will cost around INR 50,000.
Nursing Course after 10th- Job Opportunity and Scope
In the medicine field, a career is always growing, and it does pay well. However, the field does need proper knowledge as well as training. So, the candidates should always make sure that they join the best of the institutes and the colleges in order to gain knowledge.
At first, the candidate will ne be required to get a quality education as well as the practicals. Most of these colleges, they offer paid or free internships after the end of the course. After completing these internships, it will become very easy for one to get placed.
Once the diploma in nursing course after 10th is completed, it would be difficult for finding jobs without actually having any field experience. So, ensure to gain practical knowledge and also complete the internship before looking for jobs. Some of the sectors which will offer the job to you are,
- Government/Private Clinics
- Government/Private Hospitals
- Community Health Cares
- Nursing Homes
- Old Age Homes
- Psychiatric institutions/hospitals
- Rehabilitation centres
Salary And Top Job Profiles
Some of the reputed posts which one can easily get after getting some years of field experience along with the average salary they might get has been mentioned below. The salary offered to the prospective candidates is also dependent upon varied factors like government or private hospitals, the timing of duty, field experience, etc.
- Aanganwadi Workers- INR 2.8 lakh per annum
- Emergency Nurses- INR 4.2 lakh per annum
- Infection Control Nurses- INR 2.5 lakh per annum
- Nurses in-charge- INR 3.5 lakh per annum
- Nursing Assistant- INR 3 lakh per annum
Nursing Course – FAQs
Can the candidates pursue BSc in Nursing after 10th?
No. in order to pursue this course, one needs to have passed 12th with their major in science.
Can the candidates BSc in Nursing after 12th Arts?
Yes, it is possible. However, one will have very limited options, but the courses are available.
Which nursing course after 10th is best?
GNM, it is said to be the best nursing course after the 10th.
Is the nursing course only meant for females?
No, both females and males can make an application for the nursing course admission.
Hope that this article was able to provide all the information about the nursing course after 10th. Overall, the career is great within the field, and it will provide better growth. One can even look forward to degree courses within the field, including Bachelor of Science in Nursing.