In India, a vast no. of people depend upon agriculture for their livelihood. According to some stats, in rural India, nearly 70% of households make their income out of agriculture. Agriculture provides employment to nearly 60% of the population (both directly and indirectly) all over the country. I think these stats are enough to consider that India is agricultural dominated country. However even such a large no. of Indians depend upon agriculture for the condition of farmers in the country is not so good. In India, farmers are dealing various kind of problems that makes it difficult for them to survive in this condition.
To address the problems of farmers government-run a wide variety of schemes for them. Here in this article, we are going to discuss one such scheme called PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana or scheme. It is a very important scheme run by the central government of India for the farmers. In this article, we will discuss some points such as general facts about this scheme, its benefits, the process of application, and much more. So if you are also interested in getting all that knowledge then make sure to read this article till the end.
Also Read:- Meri Fasal Mera Byora
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana 2021
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is a scheme launched by the government of India on December 1, 2018. The government of India has an aim to double farmer’s income therefore they are launching various schemes for that. This scheme is also one of those schemes to support the farmers. Under this scheme, eligible farmers in the country will get ₹6,000 per year. This amount is will be like a minimum support income for the farmers.
For this scheme, the government has allocated a budget of rupees 75,000 crores. The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana aims to benefits nearly 125 million farmers across the country. This amount of ₹6,000 will be deposited in the bank account of eligible farmer families in three equal installments. These installments will be ₹2,000 each. The amount given under this scheme will surely support the small and marginal farmers to at least cover their cost a bit.
To get the benefits of these schemes, eligible farmers will have to register on the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi portal. And as their application will get accepted they will start receiving its benefits. There are specific eligibility criteria for this scheme, only the family which can fulfill the criteria will be eligible to get the benefits.
Also Read:- Sarthi
Objectives of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
There are various objectives of this scheme. Following are some of those objectives:-
1. This scheme will mainly benefit the small and marginal farmers. Actually, farmers have to purchase various things such as fertilizers, equipment, seeds, etc. to cultivate the crop. So the fund provided under this scheme will surely help them manage their expenses in crop cultivation.
2. The funds under this scheme is provided as minimum income support. This aims to uplift the miserable condition of small and marginal farmers.
3. Government has a plan to double farmer’s income in the country. This scheme is also one of those many steps that the government is taking to support its plan.
1. Since the fund under this scheme will be directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary, therefore it is mandatory to have a bank account or a Jan Dhan account.
2. Many government employees are excluded from this scheme. But government employees such as Group D, Class IV, and Multi-tasking staff are eligible for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
3. All the states are covered under this scheme.
4. Farmers irrespective of the cultivable land they have are eligible to apply for this scheme. Previously only the farmer who है up to 2-hectare cultivable lands were eligible for this scheme. But now that any farmer irrespective of their land size is eligible for this scheme.
How to Apply For PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
The registration process for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi can be done online. The government has launched a portal for this scheme on which people can do registration:-
1. First of all visit the official website of PM Kisan.
2. Now search for the “Farmer’s Corner” section. It will on the right-hand side of the screen. In that section click on the “New Farmer Registration” option.
3. Now on the next page click enter the Aadhaar No. and security text. Now click on the “Click here to continue” button.
4. On the next page the registration form will appear on your screen. In that form, the applicant will have to enter all the important details and in the end, click on the “Save” button.
5. With this the registration process will be completed and the applicant will receive a confirmation message on their registered mobile no..
Following are the documents required for the registration for this scheme:-
1. Adhaar Card (Except for the farmers belonging to the state of Assam, Meghalaya, and Union Territories of Jammu&Kashmir and Laddakh). From these states and Union Territories farmers can use other documents such as Driving Licence, NREGA Job Card, Voters’ ld Card or any other document issued by the government of the state and union territory.
2. Bank account details such as IFSC code, account number, etc.
3. An active and valid mobile number to receive the update regarding the scheme via SMS.
Who is excluded from the scheme?
The government has clearly mentioned the types of people who are not eligible for this scheme and such types are mentioned below:-
1. Any institutional landholder is not eligible for this scheme.
2. Former or present holders of any constitutional post can’t take benefit of this scheme.
3. Income taxpayers are also not eligible for this scheme.
4. Former or present (Ministers, State Ministers, MPs of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Mayors of Municipal Corporations, State Legislative Councils or Assemblies, and Chairpersons of district panchayat)
The above-mentioned conditions apply to the farmer and his/her family. This scheme defines family as the husband, wife, and minor children.
So this was all the important information regarding the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana. If you like this article feel free to share it with your friends.