There are various job categories that are offered under Indian Airlines in India. The list includes flight attendants, cabin crew or the ground attendant, senior air hostess, etc. Based on their job role, the candidates at the starting of their career are offered the salary package, which ranges between INR 4 to 8 lacs. As the air hostess salary in India or that of the cabin crew is dependent upon experience. There are some air hostesses who even get INR 42,225 per month or INR 5,18,700 per annum. This amount is INR 1,31,200, or 34% more than the Indian national average salary.
The airhostess salary in India, an average of it is INR 2,50,600, and the highest salary can reach up to INR 10,00,000.
- At the start of the career, the air hostesses can make up to an average total salary of INR 2,56,000.75.
- The air hostess in the middle of their career having an experience of 4 to 9 years can expect their average total salary to be around INR 4,42,100 and
- The senior air hostess who has experience of around 10 to 20 years within their job can expect an average total salary of INR 7,35,200.
- The air hostesses who have more than 20 years of experience easily make an average total salary of INR 8,42,300.
In India, the air hostesses are offered jobs under varied job categories including,
- Flight Attendant
- Senior Air hostess
- Ground Attendant
- Cabin Crew
The above job positions can easily get INR 4 to 8 lacs per annum as their minimum salary package. This, of course, is a perfect salary package for anyone starting an air hostess career in India.
What Is The Salary Of Air Hostess In India?
Amidst the airline employees, there have been certain discrepancies regarding the air hostess job definition. The definition of the term, it also carries around certain controversy. With the changing culture of the airlines, the male attendants, they are serving flight passengers too. Considering the air hostess to be a feminine term, it is becoming obsolete nowadays. These intelligent and beautiful people, known as the cabin crews, ensure that everyone on board the flight, they can have a comfortable journey. Like their appearance and the etiquette, event their salaries have been very impressive.
Because of the lockdown, the air hostess salary per annum has been the following,
- GoAir and Airasia air hostess salary in India– INR 2,30,256
- Vistara offers a salary of – INR 2,30,256 to INR 4,20,000
- Indigo air hostess salary is- INR 3,78,000
- Spicejet air hostess salary is- INR 3,10,000 to INR 3,60,000
- Jet Airways air hostess salary is- INR 3,20,000 to INR 4,20,000
- Air India air hostess salary is- INR 3,30,000 to INR 4,80,000
Considering the freight flights, the air hostess salary per annum has been the following,
- Delta Airlines & Etihad Airlines offers a salary of- INR 7,20,000
- Singapore Airlines offers a salary of- INR 6,60,000
Factors Determining Air Hostess Salary In India Per Month
The flight attendants or air hostess salary Delhi is dependent upon the 3 factors. They have all been discussed below,
1. Airline Type
International and Domestic are the 2 flight types. A low package of salary is offered to the cabin crews flying on domestic flights. The international cabin crews, however, get the high package, considering the fact that to serve the international flights traveling passengers is a way more challenging job. The team has to work way harder, and they also stay out of their homes more for working as international flight attendants. The given designation, therefore, demands way more experience as well as efficiency. So, international flight attendants are offered better wages than the flight attendants of domestic flights.
2. The company of airways
There are many Indian airways organizations. The flight attendants’ salary is dependent upon the company they are working for. The Air India air hostess salary in India per month is around INR 40,000. The airaisa air hostess salary in India per month is around INR 28,000.
3. FSCs and LCCs
It is one of the essential factors. There exist 2 types of hospitality which one can buy from airways. First is the low-cost carriers, and the second is the full-service carriers. So, when one is taking LCC service, they pay low. The flight during the journey doesn’t offer anything like a free meal/beverage. One would be required to buy those on the flight and to note; these are quite expensive there. On the other hand, the FSC or the full-service flights, they cost way more than the LCCs. It ensures to provide all the passengers, the required comforts along with free food and beverages. This is why it is here in this case that the FSC cabin crews get a higher salary than the ones getting in LCCs.
4. Cabin Crew Experience
Just like in all of the other work fields, even the airlines determine the cabin crew’s salary based on experience. The fresher herein working as the intern will be required to complete the internship period before they get a full-time offer letter along with a full-time air hostess salary in India. You might not receive an attractive salary package during the period of training. However, after the 1st year working as a flight attendant, one gets an increase in the salary. The attendant who is experienced gets a higher package salary as they join the new company.
Air Hostess- Eligibility
There are certain eligibility criteria that one needs to fulfill in order to get the job and obtain a better air hostess salary in India per month. Some of them are,
- The candidates who are interested in working within the given field must have completed their 10+2/above education. English should be the compulsory subject therein.
- The candidates must be having better eyesight.
- The minimum age for getting the job of an air hostess in India is 18, and the maximum age is 26 years.
- The air hostess must have their height in between 5-5.2 feet.
- Any candidates looking for the job must maintain their good behavior along with amazing communication skills.
Hopefully, this article was able to provide you with the required information you were looking forward to. In case if you are planning to join any of the airlines as the air hostess or any other cabin crew members, make sure you get through this article correctly. It will help to understand the eligibility, the salary pattern, etc. If you are still in doubt, note that it is a good opportunity and comes with a lot of perks. So, take your chance and make a start of your career today.
In case if you still have any concerns, reach out to us through the comment section, and we will try our best to help you out to the best possible.